Appointment Reminder respects your privacy and treats your personal information very carefully. This document describes what information we collect and what we do with it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM USERS OF APPOINTMENT REMINDER
We record the following information about our customers (people who use the Appointment Reminder service to contact their clients).
- Payment Method Details: We collect your credit card number, security code, and expiration date to charge you for your use of Appointment Reminder. We immediately pass this data to our service provider who charges credit cards on our behalf, and then destroy all copies of it within less than a second. All communication between you and us and between us and the service provider happens under bank-grade encryption, so that your credit card details cannot be intercepted by anyone.
- Personal Information: We record personal information about you, such as your name, your business name, and your business address, for the purpose of providing customer support and operating the Appointment Reminder service. We disclose your business name to clients who you direct us to contact on your behalf, in the ordinary operation of the service. We record your email address for the purpose of supporting your use of Appointment Reminder and allowing you to sign into the service. If you request email from us, for example by joining our newsletter or requesting that we mail you when clients cancel appointments, we will also send you email at your address. You can ask us to stop sending you email at any time — either click the link to do so in any email from us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Client Information: We record client names, appointment times, and contact details for the purpose of operating the Appointment Reminder service. We do not disclose your client information to anyone, with the following exceptions:
- We follow any order to disclose information issued by competent legal authorities.
- We will disclose all personal information we have on file about a particular client to that client, their legal representatives, or their legal guardians, if they prove their identity to our satisfaction. We will also correct any information we have on file about them at their request.
- We use third-party providers to deliver phone, SMS (text messages), and emails to your clients, and give these third-party providers information about the reminders to be sent so that they can send them. They are contractually bound to us to treat your data carefully.
- Our employees may see your information in the course of operating the service or providing support to you. We keep employees who have access to information to an absolute minimum, educate them properly about their responsibilities in handling your data, and receive contractual promises of strict secrecy from them.
- Reminder Information: If you make use of our custom reminder feature, we will record any audio or textual input you provide, for the purpose of playing that audio or delivering that text to your client(s). You should not put confidential information in reminder messages. In the ordinary course of the operation of any phone, SMS, or email system, the entire contents of your message can be seen by third-parties other than the client to whom you expected it to be addressed to.
- Website Technical Information: Our website stores cookies (small text files) on your computer, to let us know who you are and to provide the Appointment Reminder service to you. Cookies allow us to make sure that only authorized users of accounts are allowed to access them. In addition, we use third-party utilities to track the use of our website — for example, to find which features are most popular or to track the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We do not attempt to tie this information to you personally, but rather use the aggregate view of large segments of users of our service to improve the service for all users. These third parties are not shown any sensitive data from your account or about your clients.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT PEOPLE WHOM WE SEND REMINDERS TO:
If you receive a reminder through Appointment Reminder, it is because one of our paying customers requested us to send you a reminder, after having represented to us that you requested a reminder about an upcoming appointment. If you do not wish to receive reminders in the future, please send an email to email@example.com and we will ensure that our clients can no longer contact you through the Appointment Reminder service. We will take appropriate action against any customer of ours who uses our service to contact people in an unsolicited or annoying manner.
To send you a reminder, we receive from our customer:
- Your name
- The date and time of your appointment
- Your contact information (phone number, cell phone number, and/or email address)
- A custom reminder message (possibly).
We only use this to deliver the reminder which our customer requested that we deliver. We retain this information indefinitely, for our customers’ records, but we can remove any mention of you from our system at your request. Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide proof of your identity. Our CEO will handle the matter personally and tell you when we have handled your request.